Safety & Care for your Christmas Tree
Caring for your Tree
– Shake off any loose needles before bringing the tree indoors.
– Once inside, stand the tree in our special Christmas tree stand . Add a pint of water to the water bowl and top up daily.
Why Buy a Real Christmas Tree?
– Irish Christmas trees are really fresh due to the reduced travel stress .
– Once cared for properly, Noble Fir and Nordmann Fir have the potential to retain their needles for weeks in your home.
– Unlike artificial trees, real Christmas trees remain good value and can be recycled after use at locations nationwide, creating compost for gardens and landscaping. Artificial trees are non recyclable and non biodegradable, meaning they will sit in landfill for centuries after disposal.
– Each real christmas tree is cultivated as an individual tree and produced to the highest quality standards from the time they are planted right through to delivery.
– Christmas Tree Plantations help prevent global warming by removing carbon dioxide from the atmosphere. Young trees absorb CO2 at a rate of 13 pounds per tree each year. Trees reach their most productive stage of carbon storage at about 10 years at which point they are estimated to absorb 48 pounds of CO2 per year.
– As well as removing CO2 christmas trees also give off oxygen. During the ten year growing period one hectare of Christmas trees produces between 70 and 105 tons of oxygen
– Christmas trees plantations when cut out are reforested with new trees, thus continuing the cycle.
– Our Christmas tree farm is carefully managed by a qualified forester with over 40 years experience in silviculture.
Christmas Tree Safety
– Make sure that lights on the Christmas tree or lights used for decoration elsewhere are properly wired and comply with the current EU standards of safety.
– Always unplug tree lights and other decorations when leaving the house or going to bed.